IPB Working Group
Movements, institutions and their interaction
About the Working Group
The working group “movements and institutions” is interested in the interaction of social movements and governmental as well as non-governmental institutions. Within this framework we discuss the influence of movements on formal institutions, but at the same time assess the institutional conditions for mobilization. The working group is open to researchers, activists and individuals involved in politics and civil society.
CALL FOR PAPERS: FJSB special issue "Konflikt, Kompromiss, Konsensus: Wie Bewegungen und Institutionen interagieren"
Join the working group
To join our mailing list, please register at http://www.freelists.org/list/movins or send an email to movins-request[at]freelists.org with ‘subscribe’ in the subject field. To post on our mailing list, simply send an email to movins[at]freelists.org
- Call for abstracts for “Integration or Cooptation? Dynamic Interactions Between Social Movements and Institutions” Workshop at ECPR’s Joint Sessions 2017 in Nottingham (deadline 1 December 2016)
- Start of the blog series “Movement and Institutions” at Bretterblog. The series gathers different perspective on the two terms
- Call for Abstracts “Actors or tactics? Dynamics of Broad Coalitions and Repertoires of Contention for political transformation” at the International Conference on Cross-Movement Mobilization (Deadline 30 September 2016)
- 6 May 2016 Workshop “Interactions between social movements and international organisations: opportunities and pitfalls” program protocol
- 26 February 2016 Public lecture by Dr. Nadine Godehardt and Kick-Off-Meeting invitation
- 11 September 2015 Constituent meeting protocol (only in german)